- Best Electric Cooktops That Offer Serious Bang For Your Buck!
- Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- Budget-Friendly, Under $500 Electric Cooktops
Best Electric Cooktops That Offer Serious Bang For Your Buck!
Electric cooktops can truly make your kitchen look modern in a snap. So if you are a fan of electric cooktops, read on for our curated list of best electric cooktops for 2017.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Get awesome product reviews, deals, and coupons straight in your inbox.
Budget-Friendly, Under $500 Electric Cooktops
Frigidaire FFEC3024LB 30″ Electric Cooktop ($400 approx)
This is a popular model of electric cooktop and retails for about $400 usually with free shipping. It boasts 30″ Electric Cooktop with 4 Cooking Zones, Ready-Select Controls, Ceramic Glass Cooktop and Spill Saver Design. This is a standalone model.
The dimensions are 21.5 x 30.8 x 3 inches, and it comes with 4 cooking zones.
- Easily last 10+years with good handling.
- As responsive as gas stoves in terms of heating.
- Looks sleek and impressive in the kitchen
- Very economical compared to other brands
- Hard to keep clean, particularly the black cooktops
- The surface outside the rings heats up as well (though not as much as inside the circles); higher end models usually do not have this problem and stay cool except within the circle.
- Some users have experienced malfunction after a period of time where the burners come on on their own, and cannot be turned off.
GE Profile PP9830DJBB 30″ Black Electric Smoothtop Cooktop With Downdraft ($1100-1400)
This is a 30″ smoothtop electric cooktop with downdraft. It has 4 radiant cooking elements that help to heat the food evenly and quickly. It also has a powerful exhaust system which effectively pulls smoke & steam out. The dimensions of this product are 33.5 x 25.5 x 22 inches. It comes in black and white colors. Front Controls allow for ease of use. Power Boil Element allows for a 6 in. or 9 in. ribbon of heat. It has ceramic glass smooth surface making cleaning very easy. It has Hot Surface indicator lights which light up to show an active hot area; it also has Cooktop On indicator lights.
- Very quick cooking and boiling
- Sleek, modern design
- Awesome safety indicators
- Different sized burners are perfect for assorted size pots
- Powerful exhaust fan
- The ceramic top needs careful handling and breaks if something reasonably heavy falls on it.
- Glass top needs maintenance after every cooking session. Use the cleaner that comes with the unit, anything else only makes ugly smears.
KitchenAid 30 in. Downdraft Vent Ceramic Glass Electric Cooktop ($1300)
This is a higher-end electric cooktop with ceramic top and downdraft. Two Double-Ring Round Elements give you a choice of element sizes. It has a powerful fan, and the downdraft is super-efficient at clearing smoke and fumes.
This cooktop can be installed in an island or peninsula for truly flexible kitchen design. It does not need overhead venting as the smoke is captured right at the surface. Double-Ring elements maximize the cooktop surface by giving you a choice of element sizes. The Double-Ring elements allow you to choose the best element based on the type of cookware you are using. Cooktop-On Indicator Light shows at a glance if any cooktop element is on. Has stainless steel knobs.
- Heats quickly and evenly
- Looks amazing in any kitchen, and works great for open-plan kitchens
- Variously sized burners give flexibility
- Must be cleaned with the cleaner
- Burner knobs are hard to read
- Ceramic glass top needs care in handling